Pengikut

Isnin, 27 Februari 2012

My Dream Bike

25 Feb 2012....After a disastrous 9-hole Monthly Medal at Royal Kedah Club (RKC), I drove to Darulaman Theme Park to see this 'Kedah Bike Week' before  going home. One thing good about RKC is that the golf committee takes into consideration the senior golfers. Those 60 and above are given the option either to play 9 holes or 18 holes in all club-organised competitions. I opted for 9 holes since my standard is now.....so....so lah.

I thought with my newly acquired 'AdamsGolf SpeedLine 4G Ultra-Lite' driver through e-bay, it would surely make me the champ in all competitions. And free nescafe at the expense of my daily members....He...He....He. But it is not to be. The reality of life is that I can't even play to my handicap. My score was 14 stableford points over 9 holes!! The champ was 17 points.  Come to think of it, why should I be hard on myself as long as I enjoy the company of my friends and for the sake of exercise. And, moreover, that's the standard of my game all these years...He...He...He.

Now, back to the Bike Week....

Rows of 'super' bikes

I long to ride on these super bikes. My dream bike is nothing less than the famous Harley Davidson but I've to delete this desire for a simple reason...there is no authorised workshop to maintain it in Kedah. So do Ducati, BMW, Triumph, and other European models. The real reason is that I don't  have the extra 'loose change' of RM100k & above to spare. He...He...He.

Range of BMWs: RM80K - RM129K

The only bike that I had once owned was a Honda 70, CJ 1648, which I bought in the early 70's at Kuantan. I sold it a few years back for RM300. You know how much it costs now? Believe it or not....RM3K-RM4K...Wow!!! By the way, there was not a single Harley at the show. What do you expect in Jitra.

But, I was attracted to this Kawasaki, a reproduction, with a new technology incorporated...

Kawasaki W805 ~RM50K

Now, the problem is that I'm only a B1 licence holder, meaning, I'm eligible to ride on a 500cc and below only. Neither am I interested to sit for a test all over again. So, forget this Kawasaki since it is powered by a 800cc engine. So, the next alternative is an old but established brand....

Royal Enfield 500 Classic

I read an article on this bike in the New Sunday Times 2 weeks ago. 'The Big Bike Shop' is the sole importer of this India-made bikes. They import 'Classic' 350cc and 500cc (click here). The price ranges from RM30k-RM40k, depending on cc and colour. Out of curiosity, I called the outlet at Puchong. For 350cc, it is less than RM30k. The limiting factor is that it is currently available only in Puchong. If they have outlets in this part of the country, I would love to test drive it. Test drive....cukuplah. He....He...He.

3 ulasan:

Arunzab berkata...
Ulasan ini telah dialihkan keluar oleh pengarang.
Arunzab berkata...

Sudara Nor,
For a while I thought you got bitten by the Big Bike bug as you rambled about various desirable big bikes and then gave the impression that you have zeroed on to the Indian made Royal Enfield . But when you ended ' by saying hendak test drive cukop lah and laughed, then you are categorized as what is known as a 'Tyre Kicker' which means: A person who wastes the time of a salesman though he has no intention of buying. Any way not to worry most people who visit show rooms are Tyre Kickers I have done it many times my self. Hee! Hee! Hee!

Mej. Dr. Nor Ibrahim bin Sulaiman PTU TUDM (B) berkata...

Saudara Arunzab,

Thank you. I simply can't justify myself why I need to depart with my hard earned saving just to go to my club of about 1km away. I can use it for something more useful.