Pengikut

Ahad, 28 Mac 2010

What A Recovery...

Readers...Do you believe in miracles? I do!  Believe it or not, on 27 March 2010...I won second place of 'C' division in the Monthly Medal at Royal Kedah Club...and richer by RM100...Wow! I would use the money to contra my monthly subscription.

The day's mode of play was 'Bogey Play'...whatever the meaning! Short gun start and my flight started at hole #5 - 'par' 4 index 1. As expected, I took the flight's photograph before tee-off  with my newly acquired toy, Nikon 'COOLPIX', to show off to you my prowes in golf and photography...He...he...he...
 
L to R: Hj Mahmud, me, S.Padamanathan, Hj Khairuddin

To be honest, I felt so dishearthened after I scored 6 at #7 (P3), 8 at #8 (P4) and 6 at #9 (P4). I really thought of quitting and going back home. But then...I paid RM12.60, inclusive 5% tax, for this 'exercise' and futhermore, I might win a hamper during the 'lucky draw'. So...continued playing. And...surprise...average 'bogey' for second 9 - 1 'par',  1 'double bogey' and the rest bogey = 1 under. Overall, I played -2 and while Cikgu 'Pada' 3rd place with the same score. I won on 'OCB'. The Champion of C division played -1. Not bad...eh!

Come to think about it, it's not that I cannot play, but the first 3 greens are simply 'horrible', they are under repair...simply cannot read the line. Normally, my putting...wow! Now I can see the ball 'jumping' when I putt.
Hole #1 - Par 4

Hole #2 - Par 5

Hole #3 - Par 4 

On Thursday, 25 March 2010, I participated in the 'Evergreen' and I was very confident of becoming the Champ this time since the previous game I came out 2nd place...OCB. So unlike me...total disaster!!

7 ulasan:

Tanpa Nama berkata...

Need more time at the driving range maj!!!
Keep trying and whatever the result just laugh and have fun!!!

Mej. Dr. Nor Ibrahim bin Sulaiman PTU TUDM (B) berkata...

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for the encouraging words. Yes...whatever the result..I enjoy the game.

Faizul berkata...

Wah! Maj,

Second place. well done. April medal boleh dapat champion kot.
The "green" looks very bad indeed.

Happy golfing

Mej. Dr. Nor Ibrahim bin Sulaiman PTU TUDM (B) berkata...

Dear Faizul,

Thank you. The greens are really bad. Kedah Club is planning an interclub match with Royal Pahang in May.

Siva berkata...

Congrats Maj. Maybe I should try it the next time!

Mej. Dr. Nor Ibrahim bin Sulaiman PTU TUDM (B) berkata...

Dear Siva,

Thank you. I think it's difficult for you to beat my 'luvly' shots...he...he...he

Faizul berkata...

You are most welcome to Royal Pahang. I will be very honored to have you as my guest. Hope the plans do materialize.