Pengikut

Ahad, 21 Mac 2010

Piala Keputeraan 2010

Once again...the annual Piala Keputeraan. This year it was held on 4, 5 & 6 March 2010 over 18 holes. I chose to play on 6 Mar for a simple reason, it was a Saturday. You see...where possible I'll try not to miss my 4-day weekly game with my gang at DGCC. After all, I play at RKC on Saturdays and Sundays only.

6 March 2010...Here I come...all prepared to be one of the winners. If not one of the main winners, then,  the winner of the Senior Golfer category...or at least a winner of 'C' medal. My mind was all set for the game.

My flight's scheduled tee-off time was 0835 hours. But we finally tee-off at 0905 hours...2nd last flight. The temperature for the first 9 was quite bearable but for the second 9, it was unbearably hot...it was about 37*C-40* C. We finished the game at 1405 hours. Because of the heat that spoilt my game...it was simply unbelievable that my gross was 105 and net 84. So unlike me...He...he...he. As an afterthought, I should not complain at all since my 82-year friend, Mong Khon,  pulled his trolley throughout the 18 holes. He was in the last flight and did not use the service of the 'trolley puller'.

My flight mates were...

 L to R: Nor Ibrahim, Ilham Widad, Junaidi, Cikgu Goon Keen Chee

Ilham Widah is a Form 2 student while Cikgu Goon is an active member of the 'Evergreen'.  I'm very sure none of my flight members was in the winners' list since our scores were just so...so...lah!

The prize giving and dinner was held the same night and all golfers and spouses were invited to attend. HH Sultan of Kedah gave away the prizes...


As I said in previous articles on golf...it's a bonus if I play well...otherwise...que sera...sera. What is of utmost importance to me is that I'm so grateful to Almighty Allah that I'm still able to indulge in something I really enjoy doing in my twilight years.

BREAKING NEWS...'Hari Ini Dalam Sejarah'. I came out second (OCB) during the 'Evergreen' on 10 March 2010 over 9 holes. I made a blunder at hole #9 (Par 4) = 6...3 'on' 3 putts, otherwise I'm the Champ. Gross - 43, Net score - 33. Wow...What a golfer am I! He...he...he. Prize money...RM40.  For the next 2 consecutive games, I've to play hc 19...when is it a problem?

6 ulasan:

Tanpa Nama berkata...

Just sharpen your short game then, one day you will be the winner...ha haha..keep trying mej.

Mej. Dr. Nor Ibrahim bin Sulaiman PTU TUDM (B) berkata...

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for your inspiration. Not that I can't play...the weather was too hot...he...he...he.

Robert Rizal Abdullah berkata...

Good for you Squad. Keep on playing. My golf, the game that I love most, seems to have ran aground after a mishap on an Express Boat in Sibu about 3 years ago. My left shoulder has not recovered fully.

Mej. Dr. Nor Ibrahim bin Sulaiman PTU TUDM (B) berkata...

Squad,

Thank you. I'm no longer bothered about the quality of the game. Syukur if I can continue playing.

Amran Hj. Mahadi berkata...

Tahniah kerna dpt gak tmpt ke 2 untuk Evergreen...bukan senang nak menang tp bila dah dpt tu tandanya nak menang lagi la..he..he..

Mej. Dr. Nor Ibrahim bin Sulaiman PTU TUDM (B) berkata...

Saudara Amran,

Terima kasih. Sekarang semangat tengah berkobar-kobar. Mai main Monthly Medal pada 27 Mac ni. Anda kena terima hakikatlah yang Johan tak lain tak bukan...yours truly. He..He..He.