Pengikut

Selasa, 21 Ogos 2018

Rundingan Baling: Di Belakang Tabir - Bahagian xxxxiv

Sambungan dari SINI...

Chin Peng: But if Tunku's opinion is that after he has obtained power he is afraid of subversion as has been reported int the editorial of the Straits Times of yesterday's date, I think this question is not difficult to solve.

Tunku: To me I think it is quite difficult. To me I have the clear example of Chine - because China at one time was run by forces with different ideologies - Chiang Kai Shek's Nationalist China and Mao-Tse-Tung's Communist China. What happened there we all know. The Chiang Kai Shek's Nationalist Government had to be driven out of the mainland. If I accept you on equal status I have no doubt that I and my party will similarly be driven out of Malaya before long because  our ideologies are widely different. That is plain language. Therefore you either give in to us on certain terms which we consider fair, or else this struggle will have to on, much to my regret.

Chin Peng: I have already said that we are prepared to give great concessions, but the  principle of investigation implies surrender which we cannot accept. It is humiliation to us. May I say, if you were in position, what would you do?

Tunku: Well, it all depends. If I were a communist I would probably demand the same therms that your have. But, on the other hand, I am a nationalist of the Malayan type, pure and simple. If I were a Communist and had carried on the war as you have done, I would welcome being offered Amnesty terms. On the other had, assuming that the Communist Party was in power in this country and they had been accepted by the people at large, I, as a Nationalist type, would not want war; I would give in to them. Actually the position will not arise.

Marshall: If I might paraphrase the Tunku: as a human being who seeks the welfare of the people, if the Communists were in  power he would not to shooting them, killing them, burning their houses; he  would accept the position. The Tunku is a strong nationalist and a strong democrat and he says that if the Communists were in power as the Government with bullets, with knives and with fire, because he considers the welfare of the people. He would loyally accept he Government.

He appeals to you now as a nationalist to be loyal to the Government oi accept the decision of the people, for thee welfare of the people.

I would like to add my voice to his as a human being. There are 7,000,000 people in Malaya and Singapore. There are about 3,000 communists. The welfare of the 7,000,000 must come first. Now that we have elected Governments and we are on the verge of independence, it cannot be said that your struggle is for independence. I appeal to you to think of the welfare of the people as a whole, even it it means a certain humiliation of the 3,000: if you you seek the welfare of the people, you should not put your pride before their welfare. Could you look at the question from the point of view of what is good for Malaya? Certainly, it is not the hostilities of today. Today, I am not talking about the past, it is doing harm to the people of Malaya. Why not accept the position, even it it means slight humiliation. You have accepted sacrifices in the past, so accept the sacrifice of humiliation and serve the people by coming out and put an end to these hostilities.

Tunku: I want to give an example. It happened in my Organisation. I was int he U.M.N.O. when Dato Onn was the leader, but Dato Onn did not agree with me  in all matters. Nevertheless, I remained within the U.M.N. O. without quarreling. Eventually it proved I was right and he was wrong and therefore he went out and I came in. It happened again within the Alliance itself. M.C.A. Selangor wanted to join U.M.N.O. Sir Cheng Lock Tan did not want to join U.M.N.O. but wanted to join I.M.P., but when he found that the majority of the people wanted to join U.M.N.O. he gave in. It is a principle that works well for an Organisation of that size. I think it can work very well with the Government too. But our two ideologies cannot work side by side. Either you give in or we give in. If you will not, the struggle must go on.

Chin Peng: May I ask one question? May I know the true reason why the Tunku wants us to surrender? Is it because of our threat to this leadership or may there be other reasons?

Tunku: No. Not because of any threat of my leadership at all, because I do not think it can be threatened at this moment. It is because I want peace. There can never be peace while these two ideologies conflict very strongly one with another. I want peace; that is why I ask you for the sake of the masses of the people of Malaya, the 7,000,000 - as was said just now - to accept our ideology. You are only a few thousands - I mean your many less than us. So for the sake  of peace, I think those fewer people should give in to to us. Later these fewer people may grow stronger and if they are stronger we will give in to them.

Marshall: Is there a chance of you reconsidering this?

Cukup le buat hari ini. Bersambung, in syaa Allah.

SELAMAT AIDIL ADHA. MAAF ZAHIR & BATIN 
   

Tiada ulasan: