- The list is highly classified. Any form of leakage may jeopardise the security of the nation...Afterall, we are heroes! He...he...he.
- The filing system is so poorly maintained to the extent that all the documents are not traceable.
- The typical attitude '...why bother, afterall, who is this busy body?'
- 'I'm not a recepient of PTU...so, what the heck!'
Well...This is my perception, which I'm entitled to, of the organisation. My primary objective of getting the list is simply to have the names documented in my blog. The name of the recipients of SP and PGB are documented in "Pahlawan Tanahair" written by Lt Kol Dr Syed Othman (B). The Nation honours RMAF pilots by creating a medal as one of the National Galantry Medals. RMAF should be proud for such an honour...isn't it? Let me extract my previous posting on this issue...
Pingat Tentera Udara (P.T.U.) (Gallantry Award – R.M.A.F.)
Pingat Tentera Udara (P.T.U.) is a gallantry decoration which is conferred on members of the Royal Malaysian Air Force for acts of gallantry and devotion to duty as pilots in or outside their line of duty. The award can also be conferred posthumously. A member of the Malaysian Air Force may receive the award more than once. The Pingat Tentera Udara was instituted on 17 July 1968 and gazetted on 29 August 1968.
The above excerpt is from the Perpustakaan Negara Malaysia's web site, http://www.malaysianmonarchy.org.my/.
To the best of my knowledge and in addition to an input from a friend, the recipients of PTU are...
- Lt Gen (U) Datuk Mohamad Bin Taib (arwah)
- Maj Gen Shaharuddin Bin Ali TUDM (B)
- Lt Gen Dato' Abd Ghani TUDM (B)
- Gen Dato' Abdullah TUDM (B)
- Lt Col Darby Awin TUDM (B)
- Capt Ng Sek Kee @ Ng Sak Kay TUDM (B)
- Brig Gen Dato' Abdul Rahim Bin Abdul RahmanTUDM (B)
- Lt (U) Chung Ming Teck (posthumous)
- WO 1 (AQM) Arumugam s/o Manickam TUDM (B)
- Sgt (AQM) Leong Yee Heang (posthumous)
- Maj Dato' Khalid Bin Ali TUDM (B)
- Capt Murad Bin Mohd TUDM (B)
- Maj Ahmad Radzi Bin Hashim TUDM (B)
- Lt Col Frank Chong Keng Lay TUDM (B)
- Maj Nor Ibrahim Bin Sulaiman TUDM (B)
- Capt Md Som TUDM (B)
- Col Zakaria Saleh TUDM
- Lt Col Felix Gonzales TUDM
- Maj Nazhar TUDM
For KPK holders of the RMAF, all I have to say is ...don't just sit still and hope that your names be remembered and revered by the RMAF. When you're out of sight...you will be out of mind!!
If it is of any consolation, MINDEF has recognised the status of PTU to be on par with PGB through an e-mail from KSU to JPM...
From: Dato' Hj Abu Bakar bin Abdullah [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 6:16 PM
To: Zureen bin Zubir
Subject: Pingat Tentera Udara (PTU)
Dengan hormatnya saya merujuk kepada percakapan talipon pada 25 Jun 2009 mengenai perkara di atas.
2. Adalah dimaklumkan bahawa Markas Angkatan Tentera Malaysia baru sahaja selesai melaksanakan kajian keatas status PTU dan telah mengemukakan kepada Bahagian Pengurusan Sumber Manusia KEMENTAH pada hari ini 26 Jun 2009 mencadangkan supaya penerima PTU dibayar elaun bulanan sebanyak RM1,500 sebulan sepertimana penerima Pingat Gagah Berani (PGB).
3. Saya akan mempastikan Bahagian berkenaan mengemukakan cadangan tersebut kepada JPM dengan kadar segera pada minggu hadapan untuk pertimbangan.
Sekian, untuk makluman tuan jua.
ABU BAKAR HJ ABDULLAH
Note: My appreciation to Lt Col Basri Bin Omar PGB (B) (x-RAJD) and 'Anonymous' TUDM (B) (whoever he may be), for their contributions towards my effort in documenting the recepients of the PINGAT TENTERA UDARA. Thank you.
T H E E N D